Sarah Wicklund, PE
The Council Director is responsible for organizing and coordinating the four councils of NCSITE: Strategic Initiatives, Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, and Consultant/Vendor.
The Council Director is there to support the Chairs of each of these councils and to represent their concerns at the Board of Directors meetings. The primary responsibilities of the Council Director are as follows:
- Answer questions and serve as an information hub on all council activities;
- Provide guidance to the four established councils throughout the calendar year;
- Attend Board meetings and Council meetings;
- With the Council Chairs, plan meetings for the calendar year including setting locations, dates, topics, and providing technical assistance;
- Maintain the Section Calendar – Update the calendar of activities for the Section as meetings are scheduled. The Section Calendar will include but not be limited to Board meetings, Council meetings, local meetings, mid-year meeting, annual meeting, technical workshops, and luncheons. Meetings for other professional organizations will also be included in the Section Calendar when considered appropriate;
- Network within the transportation field to pursue new NCSITE Affiliate Members and Members;
- Join all other elected NCSITE positions in striving to attain NCSITE goals and objectives;
- Assist Council Chairs in finding members willing to serve on their respective councils; and
- Exhibit support of meeting objectives though attendance, participation, and encouraging others to attend.